Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We are in our home at last! We moved in at the beginning of April. My love for it increases every day as it begins to feel more and more our own. The move itself was filled with plenty of stress and ups and downs, as anyone should expect, no matter how many sleepless nights were spent planning and preparing for it. We are here now and "settled," yet somehow life keeps racing by so fast. I had hoped our pace would slow a bit once we got here and I'd find some of the time I've been missing since we left California to keep up on my blog and a myriad of other projects, and especially to sit back and enjoy my kids, but that hasn't happened to the degree I wished just yet. The two hours a day we spend commuting Alexis back and forth to school combined with the absence of naptime has a lot to do with that. Only twenty-four days of commuting left and maybe then I will reclaim some of that lost life. Because time is scarce, I will not attempt to give a full account of the past two months and will start instead with today...when I threw my "to -do" list in the trash and went out to watch the kids play. They spent hours running out in the yard, jumping on the trampoline and swinging on the swingset with the neighbor kids. It was so fun to watch them play with friends and enjoy being kids; having a yard with plenty of room to wiggle is wonderful! (They were all in shorts since it was a whopping 60 degrees today!) We have found ourselves amidst wonderful neighbors again. Just now, the doorbell rang and new friends were there with a plate of cookies. :) We have received, breads and cupcakes, dinner invites and babysitting offers, and best of all, warm greetings. We are happy to be, home sweet home.



Allie loves to pick "flowers." I told my dad that is an example of why kids are so happy. They see flowers where adults see weeds.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm jealous of your yard! I will enjoy that someday, I know I will!:) I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your home. Will you have Alexis attend a different school after this year?

Macey said...

Sounds wonderful, so happy for you guys.

Sarah said...

I have missed you and am glad you're back!! I love the fact that you're kids were bundled up in snow gear in your last post and in this one they're in summer clothes. Even though it's crazy, I do miss the Utah weather :) in glad you're settled and loving your new place :)