Monday, October 22, 2007

Our return from Phoenix

Well, we are back home after an absolutely marvelous vacation in Arizona. We felt like we were home, back in our element, and we loved every minute of it. We got to see so many good friends and enjoy lots of time with family. What a treat that week was! Three new baby girls were welcomed into the homes of our friends and family in Arizona just the week before we arrived...and we got to see them all. Congrats to Rachel, Cory and Emory on the arrival of baby Tessa...to Jane and Andy on baby Emmie...and Nate and Lauren on new puppy Sarah. Aubrey was quite taken by the new puppy, so much so that it hid under the table from her most the night we came to visit. :) Thank you to all we came to see. It was so fun to visit with you all! A very big thanks to my parents for letting us tag along!

...and then there was the trip home! My sincerest apologies to those on the plane who were hit with handfuls of flying marshmallows, unwrapped packages of crackers and even full water bottles. Traveling with a three year old with bowel problems and a fear of airplane restrooms (which we visited at least four times anyway) and a 19 month old tantrum, is an adventure to say the least. Many thanks again to the sweet woman and her husband who helped me off the plane once we landed back in Fresno. By the time these sweet people got to me to ask if they could help me, the thirty solid minutes of screaming took it's toll on me and I cracked and cried on this sweet woman's shoulder while she hugged me and told me not to worry. She graciously claimed that her grand daughter does the same thing. I think it may have been a ploy to make me feel better, but it worked. Were we ever glad to see Adam waiting for us at the airport! I think he appreciated feeling so needed at that moment as he had a lonely week at home. He was so great to wrap us all in a big hug and pick up some hot cocoa on the way home to help us relax. So I guess things come at a cost sometimes but I still say this trip was worth it all. We'll just need a little recovery before we attempt another one. :)

4 comments:

Brittanie said...

It looks like you had a great trip!

Brett and Meredith said...

Yikes!! Sorry about the "eventful" trip home...thank goodness for that sweet lady to help you. We loved seeing you all and miss you already!

Humphries Family:) said...

How are you guys? So you finally left Arizona for good. Congrats on your move to California!!Thanks for telling me about this BLOG, I kept looking back at your old one and looking for new pictures. Your girls are getting so Big. I hardly reconize Lexi.
We are Moving to Clearfield/Layton area. Were going to be living right off of Antelope Road. Were excited we move in our house in Two days!!
We Love you guys and miss you,
Sarah

Jenn said...

Oh dear, Lou! It sounds like you have some stories.