Monday, November 12, 2007

My special birthday surprises!



How wonderful to discover how fun birthday's are when you have a three year old like Lexi! She welcomed the day with a big hug and kiss and even a card she'd made. She told me she had a surprise and not to look and came back to my room minutes later with her arms full of stuffed animals and toys from her playroom. She got out our wrapping supplies box and filled every gift sack we own, complete with make shift ribbons and bows (since she doesn't know how to tie yet). She hid them around the house, in the laundry room and various other spots I've used before and informed me I had to wait to open them until we had cake. She came running out of my room, enthusiastically dragging a birthday banner behind her asking me to hang it up for our "party." She loves birthdays and it was pretty hard for me not to enjoy mine with her around. Adam and I had great plans to spend a night on the town while my mother-in-law was here visiting but in the end, I was grateful that Adam had just enough energy to take me out to a wonderful dinner together and then home for cake with the girls. What a wonderful day! Thank you all for your calls and cards. You made the day special for me. :)

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

Happy Birthday yesterday!! I'm glad it was such a great one!!