Monday, August 25, 2008

2008 Olympiad




What a ride! Especially when the Olympics are taking place on the other side of the world! I was totally stoked about seeing Shawn Johnson get her gold medal and Phellps get eight! There is something special about seeing it "live" as opposed to through the replays; it's so much more magical when you watch it as it airs with all the intensity behind it. Last night was the first night in weeks that I have gone to bed "at night" as opposed to "in the wee early morning." Between reading the "Twilight" books and the Olympics, who has had time to sleep? Aubrey was having another spell of resting restlessly through these past weeks as well so it's a good thing I wasn't trying to sleep much then anyway. :) I'm pretty excited about the 2012 Olympics taking place in London; I definitely feel a trip coming on...(I think I'll go get a new piggy bank for it today; now if I could only figure out where to get money to put in that new bank...)

4 comments:

birdie said...

Yay for London in 2012! I was saying the exact same thing to Andy - we need to take a trip.

I'm in the same dept. of missing money as you - hmmm.... where to come up with some?

Jenn said...

Lou, if you are going to London in 2012, count me in... We can save enough money in the next four years, right? Hope Ryan's in the mood for Raumen... ;)

The Van V's said...

I hear you about the wee hours of the morning…I have been wearing bags under my eyes for the past two weeks, people were starting to ask if I was sick. Ahhh…back to eight hours of sleep a night (ya right!). I’m glad I’m done with Breaking Dawn too!! I thought it was good and worth the read but it wasn’t my favorite book. I thought the story line and action in Eclipse was so much better. Don’t get me wrong it was good just not as good as Eclipse.

Danina said...

It seems everyone is thinking the same thing. I told Brandon I wanted to go. He even got out our Europe book so we could look at pictures!