Saturday, August 23, 2008

Finished!




I did it! I finished the entire "Twilight" series...and loved it! Considering there were four books and the last one alone was 754 pages, it feels like quite an accomplishment to me. I don't know how I did it ...although I'm sure my husband has a word or two to say about getting the the backseat to my books for the last several weeks. He can return to the forefront of my attention again...and considering the romantic story I've read, I'm sure he'll be happy about it. :) We have a date already scheduled for November 21st to see the movie of the first book on opening night! What a beautiful combination of romance and suspense. A definite "must read" but I will worn you of the obsession that will inevitably follow...I actually dreamed Adam was a vampire the other night (for those who don't know, the book is a vampire story -one I never thought I'd take interest in), when my computerized version of Monopoly asked if I wanted to add a "human player," I instinctively assumed the other choices were along the lines of vampire or werewolf, of course, it only meant "or a computerized player." The thought even crossed my mind the other day that if Allie touched my cheek with her little hand... you get the idea -complete obsession! I've never been this way about a book before and all I can say is...I loved every minute!

7 comments:

GREENLAW said...

welcome to the "I love vampires" club! :) i just finished the eagerly awaited final book as well and wish that there were more books like that!! SO much fun! noah AND austen were vampires last year for halloween (at my suggestion) and i called noah edward all day! :) thanks for the birthday wishes! i really had a great day!!! :)

Tricia said...

Did you really like the last book? I loved the weries and will admit to hiding in my room on Aug 2nd and reading the whole day or at least until I finished it. But I didn't really like the way she ended it. I don't know. Of course I want to see the movie and have read the last book again to see if I changed my mind but not really. I still find it a little to different than the other ones.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee - they really get in your head, don't they? After finishing the third I found myself thinking at random times "I wonder what Bella is doing right now" and then had to catch myself!

I know I owe you a HUGE email and I swear it is coming! In the meantime, there are 3 fun giveaways going on at SuperMom Central so come visit soon!

birdie said...

Ok, so I finally caved. I bought Twilight today and am planning on plowing through it in the next few days.

I'll let you know...

Jenn said...

Lol. Now you understand how I've felt about the Harry Potter series. My roommates once caught me saying "In real life..." and then talking about HP trivia. I've never lived it down.

Anonymous said...

wow, im jelous you are done! i really want to read them but it has been soooo crazy busy lately and i have been exhausted!

The Maughans said...

So funny! All the girls in my house are going to the midnight showing, we're pretty hardcore. I keep seeing your mom and mother-in-law and keep thinking when am I going to get to see you?