Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Welcome Home Bobo!

The surprise homecoming greeting that almost wasn't... Yesterday morning, Adam and I woke up and decided on a whim that we could make it up to San Fran to greet my brother during his four hour lay-over there. We pulled things together as quickly as we could and made it to the airport literally a minute before his plane came in. We were in position to greet him, waiting at the door we were instructed would be the ONLY door he could come through. This was imperative to our plan as he was not expecting us and we'd have no other way to reach him and let him know we were there. We waited and waited and got a little concerned and then waited some more. We began to really be worried when we saw all the flight crew exit and then passengers from following flights. I asked another airport attendant what could have happened and was informed, "the only way he would've come through the door we were told to wait at is if he was lost. He should be on the other side of the building." WHAT?! We'd let an hour pass by and he could be anywhere by now. I was in a heartbroken panic and we trecked over to the Delta check-in counter to see if he was there, but he was not. Someone was inspired to suggest we try and page him. Why didn't I think of that? Probably because I didn't actually believe it would work -but it did. He came and found us and we got to spend a wonderful couple of hours together. He enjoyed a hamburger and a root beer and my girls were in heaven to have their Uncle Bobo with them. For Lexi, it was like he'd never left. She was in his arms nearly the entire time he was with us. And you would've thought that Aubrey and Allie knew him just as well; Allie even snuggled right up to him. We are so excited to have him "home." He could hardly wait to continue his journey home to see his mommy, as well as my dad and brother. What a wonderful day! Welcome home!

5 comments:

Texan 2x2 said...

What a fun surprise! I'm SO glad you were able to meet up with him after the page. I bet he was thrilled. He looks so grown-up! Thanks for the cute pics, and welcome home Miles!!

Travis and Cristan said...

I am so excited for your family! That is so fun that you were able to see him first! I am sure he enjoyed it just as much as you guys did.
Miles aka Moose looks great!

Jenn said...

Wow, that was fast. ;) Thanks for posting these! Saturday can't come soon enough!

Sarah said...

I am SO glad you were able to see him. I would have been in tears if you went all the way there and missed him! I was nervous while I read that! (Until I realized you had to have seen him because of the pictures :) ha ha)He looks so grown up! Can't believe I used to babysit that big tall guy!

Tricia said...

alyssa

So this is really random but we were cleaning out our relief society closet and found a bag with your name on it and two nativity scenes. Susan Dever our relief Society pres really wants to return them to you. Could you email me and let me know about them and where we can return them to you. Thanks my email address is boliviarocks00@gmail.com
Thanks
tricia