Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Updates in July

We have been having a great summer! It has been HOT but that means lots of swimming, which we love! We have really just been enjoying "hanging out." We were excited to have a quick visit from Adam's brother Danny and his wife Heather last week and look forward to a visit from the rest of Adam's family this weekend. (Drive Safe!)

The kiddos have been causing all sorts of humorous trouble around here. Let me share a few examples:
*Allie -She has entered "toddler-hood" and is way more excited about it than I am. She has officially been corrupted! She has been learning to count to three at Aubrey's promptings to jump off the couch with her (on the count of three); she throws all the books off the bookshelves, laughs when I pick them up, then runs back and does it all again; we can't keep her off the counter-tops (from which she throws drying dishes and steals chocolates); and she has an opinion about what she eats and drinks. She also does cute things like trying to sing "Happy Birthday" and telling us "po-po" when she wants a diaper change. She is growing up SO fast!

Satisfied after getting into yet another piece of chocolate!




*Aubrey -She has kissy lips! Her nursery teacher informed me she and her supposed boyfriend were caught kissing on the lips during class on Sunday! Yikes! We had a little talk about it when we got home but really, try explaining why we don't kiss other little boys to a three year old! They just don't get it and I'm afraid there really isn't a good explanation. She also recently got very upset at me when we were picking up some books in the playroom. She was SO mad at me! Evidently the books were her baby's pillow. I apologized and told her I was just picking up and didn't know they were "pillows." She responded, "That's because you didn't see!!!" Through the eyes of a child... I'm making a renewed effort to see with my kid vision just for her. It's like that story where the parent scolds the child for not staying out of the street like they were told and the child says, "mommy, what's the street?" There is much we don't understand about each other!

*Alexis - She is always up to something. She has been entertaining us with the elaborate tales of her imagination, puppet shows, and craft projects. This week she has also been using scraps of fabric to cut out quilt pieces which I am to sew together should I have the time to make a blanket for her baby. :) She is very proud of the reading she has been doing this summer and the "tricks" she has been doing in the swimming pool.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your girls are all so darling and adorable. The updates just cracked me up because I have a child at just about all of these stages as well and it's so funny to see how alike they are. I need my "kid vision" checked quite frequently! You're such a great mom.