Thursday, June 17, 2010

Swimming at last!

Summer has finally begun and we have been having so much fun! When Alexis walked out the Kindergarten door on Friday, she said, "Wait for the bell, Mom, then I'm a First Grader!" It was a great year...and I only missed picking her up just that once when I fell asleep. That was my biggest fear when school started and two weeks into the school year, I dozed off and woke up to discover school had been out for 15 minutes already! Luckily, her teacher stayed with her and she was safe and sound and it never happened again. I was SO embarassed!

We kicked the summer off by swimming, of course. Our friends invited us to their house to swim and we spent the afternoon in the sun and water with friends. It was the perfect way to celebrate the end of the school year. This past week, we have also been enjoying tennis, popsicles and checking in on our rapidly growing garden.


Aubrey checks on the "kiwis" (it is obviously a zuchini but we can't get her to say it) with her dad every night. She was ecstatic to haul this one inside.



Even big girls get tired. Alexis fell asleep after her field trip last week. First nap since Kindergarten started; I guess the year finally caught up with her.


Alexis took this cute paper covered clipboard to her teacher for a gift on the last day of school. Thanks to my friend for the great idea and "how to!" Her teacher loved it.


Just home from the the last day of kindergarten.







Popsicles on the porch.

No comments: