Thursday, January 27, 2011

settling in


Today I had to remove the California license plates from our cars. It was a bit of a sad moment to me as I still have a soft spot for our life there. I suppose I always will. We made a lot of happy memories there; visited many fun places and met a lot of wonderful people. I miss the palm trees and warmer weather. I had the thought the other day that if we were still in Fresno, we would be seeing blossoms on the trees in about a month from now...instead we are still playing in the snow, and will be for a couple more months. The snow actually hasn't been as intense as I thought it would be but I am really tired of the cold! The girls don't seem to mind. They go out and play and warm up with a cup of hot cocoa.

We are really happy here and I LOVE being near our families. It's hard to imagine ever being away from them now. They are a great source of help and are fun to be around. The mountains here are beautiful and I love being so close to them. Adam loves his job and Alexis is doing very well with her French in school; so things are working out and coming together. Another very exciting update is that we have found a home! We are scheduled to close in a couple months so we are back on a countdown. We are really looking forward to setting up our own place and really settling in; rooting ourselves more firmly than ever before. Up until now, we've always been on the move and every place we've come to, we've known has been only temoporary. But this time (barring anything unforseen), we are in for the long haul. We will likely stay in this home until our kids have gotten through school. It's an unusual sense of permanance that we've never felt, but it's a comfortable one. I can't wait to get in and start putting our ideas in place.

No comments: