Tuesday, January 22, 2008

"M-I-C-K-E-Y -- M-O-U-S-E!"

We had the privilege of going to Disneyland this past weekend (Thanks Mom and Dad!). What a wonderful trip and such a fantasy land for a three year old! We had beautiful sunny weather and enjoyed all that we were able to see and do. It felt like a dream the morning after. The girls were such troopers all day and looked so cute in their mouse ears. Alexis picked "princess ears" and Aubrey chose pink minnie ears. They loved the rides and ice cream and giving hugs to all the characters we could get a hold of. Adam and I were thrilled to discover that Disneyland was just as fun as we remembered it when we were little. We've noticed in life that there are some things you have such fond memories of but when you try and go back and do them, it's just not the same (like Lagoon or watching your favorite cartoon). Such was not the case with the Magic Kingdom. It's still "the happiest place on earth!"

2 comments:

birdie said...

So fun! I miss Disneyland. In fact, last time I was there, I lost my Mickey ears on the Matterhorn and my lunch on the Teacups.

I miss you, my friend! When are you coming back to Phoenix??

Keri West said...

How fun!!! I can't wait to go back to Disneyland when we have our kids. Actually, we are going to Disneyworld with my family in May, but our little boy will only be 2 months old then. I'm not sure I'll get the most exciting reactions out of him then. :)