Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Some kind of record


Today we had a little friend come over to play while her mom was at school. Between her and Aubrey I changed seven messy diapers! That has to be some kind of record! How do parents of multiples do it? Besides the accompanying diaper rash that caused it's share of tears, we had a pretty good day. While all three girls (my two and our little friend) were sitting at the counter eating their breakfast this morning, I took a moment to smile and think about the cute little image in front of me... that is my future, and it looked like a lot of girls...adorable ones I might add. I got to have another ultrasound yesterday which confirmed that baby #3 is indeed another little princess. I am really excited about having a third little girl. (Hard to believe I once feared I'd never have any girls -haha) I'm looking forward to more dresses and another chance to figure out how to make cute hair bows! I'm bound to get it right one of these times. Today's fun project for me was making a "nursing apron" (for lack of knowing what else to call it). We went to our neighbor's house for a tutorial and came home and I sewed away while the girls slept peacefully. (I have successfully coordinated their napping schedules -Lucky me!) I now have a "shield of privacy" to wear around my neck when the new little one arrives. I'm getting very anxious to try it out in just a few more months! :)

4 comments:

birdie said...

I have the grossest mental picture of a pile of nasty diapers stacked high in your living room :)

I'm not sure I could trade babysitting anymore - I'd be afraid I'd dry heave or worse on the neighbor kiddie.

There's just something so yucky about other children's poop (but not my child's poop... um well - it's just lower down on the nastiness level).

GREENLAW said...

i can totally relate... 10 and 1/2 years of changing diapers and wiping bottoms... i'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel... it'll be a while still, but i can see it! :)

kirsten

Keri West said...

I was given a "nursing apron" at my bridal shower 2 weeks ago and laughed when I heard everyone call it a "Hooter Hider". I guess that term is pretty appropriate too. :)

Anonymous said...

I've seen those things and they ROCK! I've always wanted one! I'm way impressed that you made one and someday when we have more than two seconds together you will have to show me how. In the meantime, be grateful that Lexi is fully potty trained now that you've got little princess #3 on the way. When Merrick was born Jude was still needing a "nighttime nappy" and I figured out I was changing almost 20 diapers a day! We had the stomach flu in our house a few weeks after he was born and I also calculated that I got puked on 49 times that week!