Thursday, July 17, 2008

Good Ol' Utah

 We had the privilege of being invited to my sweet cousin Danina's home for lunch with her and her husband, Brandon. We had such a wonderful visit and a delightful day! They recently moved to the family student housing at the Univ. of Utah. Where else is there student housing where there are possibly more childen than students? In good ol' Utah, that's where! There was an awesome playground in the courtyard of their complex (their ward is made up of just the people in their "court" -amazing!) It was a blast from the past for me to go up there; it doesn't seem like all that long ago that we were living near there. What a flood of great memories! We enjoyed our lunch and popsicles as well as our share of rides down the slides and then we headed off to "Heritage Park" to see the "This is the Place" Monument and pioneer village. It was FREE Family Fun Day, that's right, FREE -from train rides, to pony rides, to pizza and ice cream, everything was FREE -HOORAY! We explored and tried out many pioneer activities, even chores (I'm glad we still don't have to wash our laundry by hand) ! In trying to explain the pioneers to Alexis on the way there, I told her they lived a long time ago. She asked if they were like dinosaurs. I giggled and said no but that they weren't alive anymore. When we arrived, I pointed out an "actress" in pioneer clothing to show her what they used to wear. Alexis responded, "Guess that pioneer didn't die yet!" The next "pioneer" she saw prompted her to comment, half under her breath, "looks like that one didn't die yet either!"  as if to suggest she knew better than I did. I wonder what she thought about that place after all. We had a great day! Thanks Brandon and Danina! 

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Kids always know everything. Boy I can't wait till they are teenagers and really think they know everything. Sure looks like fun.

The Maughans said...

So fun! I think your leaving right when I'm coming, and I'm totally bummed. I need to see Allie!

Travelin'Oma said...

It's fun to see your cute pictures and find out more about you.

GREENLAW said...

wow, you guys have been busy! looks like you're having a great time in good ol' utah... you've got to love the family friendly stuff!! youy poor husband did look lonely at church today... he's counting the days! :)

Anonymous said...

How cool! I had no idea they had free family fun days - we'll have to check it out! Jude would go crazy for that train.

Chad and Kristen said...

I'm glad you guys are having fun!! You've given me some great family fun ideas!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alyssa! You won one of the giveaways on SuperMom Central - the Southern Belles and Bows custom onesie which I CAN'T WAIT to see on Allie! Just wanted to let you know and make sure it was OK to pass on your email to the super sweet girl who owns the company so she can get in touch with you.