Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Goodbye Garbage Man

We made it Utah! The drive was pretty good overall (one potty stop on the side of the road, one exploding diaper -luckily during a rest stop, complaints of "bed sores" from the car seats, pit stops that lasted WAY too long, and the usual poking and teasing in the backseat). We are REALLY glad we did it over two days instead of all in one; we would not have survived that I'm afraid. We had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend at Adam's parents' home and have now migrated a few minutes up the street to my parents' place and Adam has returned to Fresno. If we were there today, it would be time to take out the garbage cans as tomorrow is garbage day. My girls LOVE the garbage truck and every week for the past year, they have run out the door to wave at the garbage man and he picks up our trash. He has seen them in their PJ's, nothing but diapers, cute hair, messy hair, and all of these with smiles on their faces. He has watched our garden grow and our family expand. Last week as we waved and he yelled out to us "see you next week" I thought I should chase after him to let him know we won't be there for the next month, just so he's not disappointed. In spite of our weekly "greetings," I didn't feel I knew him well enough to announce that my house would be alone all day and so I kept the info privy. Perhaps we make more out the event than he does but in our house, with three little girls,the  simple pleasures are the best... even when they involve a garbage truck! 

(I will post pictures of the beginning of our Utah adventure as soon as I figure out how to use a MAC. I have a memory card full already!)  

1 comment:

birdie said...

So glad you made it (and in one piece!) I'm so excited to see you in the coming weeks!