Thursday, March 5, 2009

Kindergarten check-up




Today, Alexis had her kindergarten check-up in preparation for registration next month. She did a great job at her appointment and was in the 90 % for both height and weight (not a big surprise). She is SO excited to start school! It's crazy to me that I have a daughter this age; I remember having my kindergarten check-up! I also remember that kindergarten was the year I got my ears pierced ... so I shouldn't be surprised I guess that Lexi is already asking to have hers done. (I will certainly not be telling her I was her age when I got mine pierced.) She's been using the "everyone else does" guilt trip on me. I keep pawning the question off on her dad. That's what my mom did and I guess it worked out well in my favor. (So maybe I should put my foot down instead; dad's are too "soft"!)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

How exciting! Kindergarten was so much fun, I loved Mrs. Sherk. And, I remember when you got your ears pierced!! I went with you to the mall! How funny is that? Laylah's already asking too. I told her she had to e 8, but she still keeps asking! :)(EVERYONE here has their ears pierced too ;)

Carolee said...

Tell her when she is 6 yr old she can get her ears pierced, then she'll have something to look forward to for a whole year. It's really not that big of a deal you know, you turned out just fine!! Love, mom

Carolee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Travis and Cristan said...

I can't believe that you have a little one ready for kindergarten. I remember my check up too-thats kind wierd. I have a lot of good memories with you in Kindergarted. That is funny Sarah mentioned Mrs. Sherk. I loved her. I hope Alexis has as much fun as we all did.