Friday, August 28, 2009

I finally got to ride the trolley car!








We have visited San Fran half a dozen times since moving to California but I've never been able to ride on the trolley, although I've always wanted to give it a try. This past weekend while my family was "stranded" in California, we took a trip up there and I finally got my chance to hang off the side as we went up and down the hills of the big city. It was everything I hoped it would be...especially hearing Allie shout "Wow!" sporadically throughout the ride. We also go to enjoy such delights as Ghiredelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, bread bowls at Boudin (okay -we went to Boudin about 6 times in this one weekend...I really like their bread!), took a bay cruise, visited Union Square, Alcatraz, went over the Golden Gate Bridge (we drove this time; much easier but not nearly as breathtaking!), and took a first trip into Sausilito. It was a fabulous weekend with fabulous company! Thanks family for a wonderul visit and a lot of fun! Can't wait until next time! ...my poor family may quite possibly never take a road trip to see me again. They were supposed to get home Sunday night and didn't get home until Thursday! Their truck first broke down here in Fresno, then again on their return trip home in Las Vegas where they were again stranded over night. It was a tough week for them but we were glad to have spent the time with them, for better or worse. My mom and brother brought with them a friend from France who has been staying with them for the summer. It was so fun to have boys in the house for Adam to be a boy with and we all loved hearing them rattle off in french all day! Enchante Adam et Bon Chance!

4 comments:

S.a.m. said...

You have such a cute family! Your little girls are adorable. I'm glad you had fun in San Francisco- your adventures make me jealous!

On a side note, what's with you and Jenn finally growing your hair long? Remember in high school when I kept telling you how great that'd be, why did it take you 8 years to listen? ;)

The Maughans said...

Fun stuff! I just noticed that the quote on your saide bar from Pres. Monson is what I used for Girl's Camp. We were Treasure Seekers aka Pirates!

Jenn said...

I'm glad you got your trolley ride—and to hear that Allie was impressed. (We would have loved to hear that!) Your girls get cuter by the minute, Lou!

birdie said...

love san fran!! also love boudin - delish. so glad you got your trolley ride!