Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ode to Summer

As I put the little ones to bed the other night, I noticed that it was a touch darker than usual and thought perhaps we were getting to bed later than I thought. Nope, not the case. Instead, I realized that the days are starting to get shorter; summer is coming to an end. My camera is in the shop again (it evidentally wasn't repaired properly during it's previous fix up and I'm now left without my memory preserver for another couple of weeks!) so to entertain you, I have will post a bit of bad poetry for you.

Ode to Summer

Oh dear summer, how did your days pass by so quickly?
Is your end really drawing near?

We spent your days at the swimming pool,
splishing and splashing away most afternoons.

We enjoyed the peach pies and cobblers; ice cream cones a plenty;
fresh fruits and BBQs,
slushies, smores and corn on the cob.

We read books, grew a garden,
went on trips, enjoyed friends.
We slept in, stayed up late,
went to movies, even had a date!

Must this season come to an end?
Must we really hang up our towels?

Oh, summer we love you. We can't wait 'till you come 'round again!

No comments: