Thursday, September 24, 2009

Soccer Season




Yesterday, I was grinning to myself while I washed the counters and Alexis was vaccuming the family room. I was thinking how great it is to have a slave, I mean helper, in training to do chores. (How great will it be when I have three little Cinderellas that can help tidy up as least as much as they mess up!) Just as the fantasy of kicking back while my kids clean up for me was beginning...I was abruptly woken from my daydream by the sound of the vaccum eating its own cord (luckily, it's nothing a little electrical tape can't fix)! Guess my celebrations were a little premature. :)

Other exciting events around here include the beginning of soccer season! Alexis is on a team with fellow Kindergarteners from her school and having a great time running around on the field in cleats and shin guards chasing kids for a chance to kick at the ball. (The ball, by the way, is more often "out of play" than in bounds.) She has been enjoying it so far and is gearing up for her first game next weekend!

Alexis also recently got to attend "Donuts with Dads" at her school. That was a fun special morning for just the two of them to visit over donuts and juice and choc. milk. It's so fun for me to remember the way I looked up to my dad as a little girl (and I still do) and how special he made me feel, and how sureal it is now to see Lexi looking up to Adam in that very same way.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love these pictures—those socks!!

And I once told my mom that the only reason she had kids was so she didn't have to do chores herself. Shows how much I knew about being a mom... ;)