Friday, February 1, 2008

Fire Safety


Alexis's preschool class went on a field trip this week to the fire station. (Aubrey and I got to go too.) Although she was nervous to go for some reason at first, she was really excited about the things she learned. We talked all about fire safety when we got home, with the aide of the activity book the firemen gave her, and discussed a safe place for our family to meet outside if there were ever a fire. I was grateful for the reminder of the importance of teaching my children about fire safety. I take for granted what I know, forgetting at times that little ones have to learn everything! (Even how to eat a Popsicle -Aubrey gave us a hilarious show with her first attempts at that last week!) How overwhelming as a parent! I hope I don't forget to teach them something important!!! Thank heavens I have a good community, and a fantastic family, that helps me along the way, reminding me when it's time to teach new things to my kids.

No comments: