Friday, November 14, 2008

FREE at last!!!


(On the cleaning products above, I made .60 cents on the deal after rebates.)


(This was my "not a penny out of pocket" purchase.)

You HAVE to try this!

I have been learning to play the "coupon game" now for several months thanks to the guidance and tips from my amazing cousin Meredith. She led me to "moneysavingmom.com" where I am amazed to see the possibilities to save money shopping. I have been learning to shop and save and save and shop and budget in an effort to contribute to our financial needs and still be a stay-at-home mom, which I absolutely LOVE doing. I have saved hundreds and hundreds of dollars since summer began and this past week had the opportunity of having my first ever completely "FREE" shopping experience. I saved $25 off the products I was "receiving" and paid for the remaining $10 due with a gift card loaded with money from previous rebates. I left the store with three bags of groceries and not a single penny from my pocket! Now that's what I call a deal!

Look online for some great tips and subscribe to the Sunday paper to get those coupons rolling in.

6 comments:

Brett and Meredith said...

With those pictures up, you look like an official "money saving mom" blogger! Awesome trips!

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed! I'm definitely going to have to try this. Can I ask - do you have to go to several stores per week to get all the deals? Do you factor in your gas costs and Sunday paper costs?

The Van V's said...

WOW!!! I'm going to have to give this a try!!

Gma Day said...

You go girl!

Sarah said...

You are seriously my hero...how do you do it? I keep thinking I need to try this, but I guess I am just waaaaayyy to lazy, because it seems like a very daunting and time consuming task to figure it all out. You need the Super Mom of the year award for balancing all you do! Seriously Alyssa, you are amazing :)

birdie said...

Wow! Way to go, Alyssa! My question is - does it take forever to sort and cut out coupons?

I've never done the coupon thing and everyone I know who does it loves it. Maybe I need to just jump on the wagon.