Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dancing the days away


Alexis recently completed a fun session of dance at "The Little Gym". She had a one hour class, once a week, that included 15 min. of tap, 15 min. of ballet and 30 min. of gymnastics. She had SO much fun there! A few weeks back, they even held a recital to show off their skills and did the most adorable little dance numbers I've ever seen. As you can see, they also got to get "fancied" up for the event. All the other girls in her class are sporting the $50 dance costume offered through the "little gym." I just couldn't see spending that much on an outfit for a 3 year old to wear for an hour! Nevertheless, I didn't want Lexi to feel completely left out so I did my best to create something similar. She is wearing the $5 homemade alternative and I think it turned out pretty well. She didn't seem to feel misplaced at all. How grateful I am to have some sewing skills! They are coming in handy!
(By the way, I have Lexi's dance routines on video and had such great intentions of posting a few clips, but clearly have not gotten to it. Perhaps, in some future post.)

4 comments:

Keri West said...

How fun! I think you did a great job on the costume! You are my hero! I probably couldn't even turn on a sewing machine! :)

birdie said...

Very nice! Excellent sewing job, I must say. I'm not sure if I could whip that up on my number - especially seeing as how I haven't gotten my machine out for a year :)

About the Bumbo v Bouncer. They're different and I like them for different reasons. I got one because she was trying so hard to sit up, and when she was in the bouncer she was straining to sit up.

She still likes the toys on the bouncer, but the Bumbo is fun because she doesn't have to pull herself up.

It's probably not that big of a deal, though. I just got one really cheap on Craigslist - otherwise, I'm not sure I would've bought it full price.

GREENLAW said...

hey... i can't even tell the difference! she looks darling! ellie was a little jealous... she says she's going to take dance when she "finishes" gymnastics...

Kim said...

what a doll!!! i bet she knows it too:)