Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A slice of my domestic side

Adam went to a meeting at a neighbor's house on Sunday and was given a fresh, warm slice of homemade wheat bread. Upon returning home, he requested I get the recipe and give it a try...and so that became my quest for the week and I'm happy to report, it was a success...so much so that I want to share the recipe with all of you. It is delicious and "easy as pie" (which I've actually never tried to make). I surmise that the secret to my success is my fabulous KitchenAid mixer, which I LOVE! I only had to mix the dough for about 5 minutes with my machine but I left the regular instructions for you to adjust according to whatever equipment you may have. I hope you'll give it a try. You won't be disappointed with this one!


Another fantastic recipe full of homemade goodness is freshly squeezed lemonade. Perhaps I was so excited about this because it made me feel like a kid again, getting ready to go out to my lemonade stand and sell it. Adam's co-worker brought him a recipe and a couple bags full of lemons (these are special I might add, they are orange colored lemons. I don't know their official name, but they are delicious and sweeter than a regular lemon). We went out and got a "juicer" and squeezed lemons all weekend so we now have a freezer full of frozen lemon juice to use for our new pleasure. This makes the best lemonade! Such simple pleasures. Adam and I love that in Fresno, people bring you bags full of grapes from the vineyard, peaches from the orchards, and lemons from the fruit trees in their yard. In Utah, you get zucchini.



5 comments:

birdie said...

Yummy!! I have never made homemade bread either. I don't have a Kitchen Aid so the bread may have to wait.

How are you feeling? Counting down the days!!

birdie said...

Yummy!! I have never made homemade bread either. I don't have a Kitchen Aid so the bread may have to wait.

How are you feeling? Counting down the days!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! In Utah you also get peaches, cucumbers and tomatoes! (at least, if you live near us you do - we always have way too many in our garden!) I know that doesn't compete with grapes and fancy lemons, but don't hate us for our non-tropical climate! :)

PS - that's it. we're piling in the van and coming out for some of that lemonade!

Eric and Hannah said...

Thanks for the help with the slide show! I think I am going to try the bread this weekend! (I am sure you have figured it out by now, I am Hannah, the one that works with you ever so cute mom!)

GREENLAW said...

as you know, i'm NOT a baker, but this recipe looks easy enough even for me... i just might have to try it! :)