Thursday, October 30, 2008

P is for Pumpkin Puree!

Today was the day we have been anticipating all month. My cousin Danina gave me the crazy idea that I could cook an actual pumpkin to make goodies with. Who knew! From the moment she mentioned the concept, it has been my goal and today we attempted and succeeded. We brought in a couple pumpkins from the porch and baked and baked and ate some pretty delicious pumpkin bread this afternoon. I'm gonna' add this to the "you have to try this at least once" list for you all. Just make sure you do it on a day that you have nothing else to do and when you can keep your oven on all morning. It made for a fun project and now we have a lot of pumpkin puree in our freezer for more pumpkin goodies to come!



4 comments:

Carolee said...

You are truely a domestic "diva" way to go on all your adventures, both cooking and field trips. What a fun mom you are.

Danina said...

I have never baked the pumpkin in the oven, but I did read you could do it that way. I have always cut it in little cubes and boiled it until it is soft. Then you just pull of the peal and stick it in a blender.

Macey said...

Way to go! That looks like something fun to take on...maybe next year. I bet it all tastes yummy.

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask if you could boil it (cuz that's what I do to make my baby foods) but it looks like your friend Danina does that - glad to know! I've got a couple of pumpkins still out on the porch that I didn't just want to put in the trash. Thanks for sharing such a great idea!