Thursday, March 11, 2010

March visit from Missy and Rhen

I am playing catch-up on my blog this morning. After a long night with a sick baby (who is almost two and I fear will call her my baby for years to come!), I was exhausted. Aubrey came in dancing around my room early this morning. About a half an hour after I turned a show on for her, she was back in my room to exclaim..."I don't even see my 'breakstast' cooking on the stove, Mom!" In other words, please get up and make my oatmeal now. (We are both in love with Quaker Oatmeal!) I finally got up, but decided to have a lazy morning...something I don't do often and it is great. (I just wish I were cleaned up, but if I were, I would probably be getting something else done so it's a give and take here.) Anyway, we have had an eventful couple of weeks. First, Adam and I went to Disneyland and left the kids with my mom for a weekend; next, Alexis had her surgery; then, Adam's sister and her hubby came to San Francisco, so we headed up there last weekend to spend a day with them. They have come out every March since we've been here and we look forward to our visits with them everytime. We had bread bowls at Boudin (oh, how I love Boudin!), ice cream at Ghiradelli (WAY overpriced, but it is a San Fran experience), and spent time goofing around at the Children's Museum. It was great to be together! The girls love Rhen and Missy and were in tears at parting...we hope for another visit with you soon!

The view is always breathtaking to me as you come over the Oakland Bridge into San Fransisco.


The poppies were out along the route to San Fran and they are stunning. This is such a beautiful time to drive through California. It is green and the trees are covered in blossoms.








Making clay creations for the animation studio. These are what Adam and I made:

No comments: