Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weekend Getaway - Just the Two of us!

My mom came to town a couple weekends back to watch the girls for Adam and me while we went to Disneyland...just the two of us. Well, actually we met our good friends, Jenn and Ryan, there but it was without the little ones. We all participated in Disney's "Give a Day, Get a Day" program to get vouchers for park admission. We had such a good time! (I want to go back!) We played hard at Disneyland and I think we lucked out on the day we picked. The weather was great and the crowds were very managable. We got to ride about everything we wanted to...including a record of four times on Space Mountain! I had so much fun screaming on that ride that I lost my voice the next day! It was great! We had a fantastic pizza in downtown Disney, and the next day went to our favorite spot in Venice Beach, C&O's (Jenn introduced it to us last year)for some garlic knots and Italian cuisine. We went to the Getty Museum in LA, which was fantastic. Adam and I haven't been to an art gallery in a long time and it is something we really love. (It inspired my goal for this month, which is to draw a picture after studying some books from the library...wish me luck!) We also took a walk by the La Brea tar pits to see where literally "tons" of fossils have been recovered in the middle of the city of LA. I can't say enough how much I enjoyed the weekend! Can't wait to do it again sometime. Thanks Jenn and Ryan for being our Disney buddies two years in a row! Someday perhaps we will all go together as families, but for now, it sure is great to be big kids!











La Brea Tar Pits


view from the Getty Museum

3 comments:

BreeAnn said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had an awesome time! I must be way behind the times because I thought you lived in AZ, but I guess now you live in California?

Karen said...

So FUN! I'm glad you could have your mom come watch your kids to get away. I think it's so important for husbands and wives to do something just the two of them...and a getaway is a great way to do that!

Keri West said...

So fun! As much as we love our children, sometimes it is so fun & healthy to get away with our hubbies! Glad you had fun! :)