Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thanks Grandma!






The girls had such a fantastic time with their Grandma while Adam and I went on our weekend getaway to Disneyland. They played and played and played. She brought fun craft projects for them to work on, went to the park, storytime, out for ice cream, baked treats, did some shopping and movie watching and they all had cute hair-dos every day. We felt truly spoiled to have her come and take such good care of the girls. I didn't worry about a thing with her here and that allowed me to truly relax and enjoy my time away; and then to focus on Alexis during her surgery, which was an ALL day afair. I felt spoiled too to have her surprise me by doing some laundry and fixing my broken towel rod...she has always been one to serve and I know of no one else who serves with love the way she does. It is the core of who she is to me. A person who loves to have fun and enjoys life; she works hard when it is time to work, plays hard when it is time to play, and, I think, loves more than anything to do good works for others. My life has been blessed by so many sweet somethings throughout the years...notes or a special treat in my lunchbox, a cute jar of M&Ms at work, a surprise special day together, a cute new outfit on my bed, little somethings in the mail to let me know she's been thinking of me... these are only to name a few. I know I am not the only recipient of her quiet works of love; either small or big. I love that when she comes, I still feel "taken care of" by her and nothing beats the feeling of having your mom take care of you! No one loves you like your mom does! And mom, no one loves you like I do! Thank you for all that you do!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahhh yes, I always loved your mom-she is great :) Your "getaway" looked incedibly fantastic and your San Fran trip looked amazing as well. It made me jealous. I want a getaway :)

Becky said...

I have to agree that you have a fantastic mom and she has a fantastic daughter that is just like her.