Monday, March 22, 2010

Stake Womens' Conference

Our Stake did a Women's Conference this year. It was awesome! They really went all out. There were four mini-classes (we got to choose which to attend) as well as a main speaker and a luncheon. The tables for the lunch were all decorated around the theme of a book. There were over 50 tables and they all looked amazing! It was fun to see how many different interests there are. I got to decorate two of them. I chose French for one theme and "All Moms Go to Heaven" as the other. I wish I had a picture of the bathrooms to show you. One was decorated with the theme of "Where the Wild Things Are?" They carted in half a dozen silk trees and bunches of plants and printed up enlargements of scenes from the book to hang on the walls. The Men's room was converted for the event using a "Fancy Nancy" theme. It was over-the-top. Aubrey got to use it when she came to help me set up my tables and she went on and on about wanting to re-decorate her room like the bathroom! It was truly "Fancified." (There were even cute little rugs in front of each toilet ...don't worry, you wouldn't even know there were urinals somewhere in there; they were hidden somewhere behind the shower curtain and all the accessories.)

While I was there all day Saturday...


Adam took the kids to the zoo with another dad who'd been left to fend for himself all day. They had a good time. Adam's only question before I left, "How do I curl bangs?" :) He did a good job. He's a great dad to all these little girls. I got the royal treatment too...when I came home, the house was vaccumed, dishes were done, and the laundry was folded. I could get used to this sort of arrangement.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Those decorations sound incredible! When my mom was the stake Relief Society president, she organized a Women's Conference every February (same type of thing as yours with a lunch, mini classes and a main speaker)I would go every year and just completely enjoy myself. They are so rejuvenating! Your hubby is also awesome.... good job Adam :)

The Sohm's said...

I remember planning many conference like the one you described. Our women's conference will be very plain in comparison. We are having a dinner and then Stella. Shelly and I are speaking and our husbands introducing us. We probably won't have to speak if they do their normal over the top praising! Dallan will end the conference with a talk to correct any false doctrine the ladies talk about (hee hee). Guess I better quit looking at blogs and start working on my talk.

Becky said...

I'm not sure why that posted under Thayne and Nicole's account. Nicole would die if she had to speak at Women's Conference!