Monday, June 30, 2008

"PEOPLE"

I so often find myself being grateful for people.
People who help hold one of my children at church while Adam and I are otherwise engaged, people who stop and say hello when we see each other "out and about", people who leave their carts behind to help me with my sometimes unruly children at the store, people who offer great tips or share their bits of wisdom when I need it -and even when I think I don't, people who call to "check in" or chat the afternoon away, people who drop by unannounced just to say hello (or even bring a treat), people who send a random letter or birthday card, people who offer an understanding smile instead of a critique, people who compliment or encourage, people who love. I am so grateful for these kinds of people, so many of whom, are you! I've moved around a bit in my life, allowing me the opportunity to meet a lot of new people along my way. I only wish I could keep them all with me wherever I go. (This is not meant to suggest I am going anywhere new anytime soon, it's just a comment.) I miss the friends I've left behind and can't imagine leaving the new ones I've met. I suppose this train of thought has been spurred by all the help we've received with our new baby (how anyone raises a child without "people" like those I've mentioned, I will never understand!) as well as that we are excited to spend time with old friends in Utah this coming month, wish we could spend time with friends in AZ, and will miss the ones we will be away from in July. To all of you...Thank you for being my friend!

4 comments:

Brett and Meredith said...

And YOU are one of those PEOPLE! You have always been such a wonderful friend...thanks for who you are and for your great reflections on people. I really appreciate your insight.

birdie said...

I'm assuming, of course, a portion of that post is in reference to moi! I miss you, too, and am so excited to see you in a few weeks :)

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, this post reminded me of the many many reasons why I love you! And one of my favorites is that you are one of those "pay it forward" kinda gals who is always looking for ways to be thoughtful and go the extra mile for "PEOPLE"!

Can't wait to see you next week - our July calendar is now FULL of big smiley faces, thanks to you guys!

Oh - what time is the blessing at? And can I bring something to the after-blessing shindig?

Anonymous said...

I totally agree, YOU are one of those people! You are such a great person with a wonderful attitude! I am going to miss you so much this next month, i am just glad it's not perminent, not yet anyways:) Love ya Alyssa!