Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe Ever!

My friend Heather gave me this recipe at Christmastime and it is fabulous! It is the best sugar cookie recipe I've ever tried. The flavor is fantastic and the texture is perfect! Since it is the month of Valentine's, I suspect many of you will be making sugar cookies. Be sure to give this recipe a try. You'll be glad you did!

Sugar Cookies

3 C Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 beaten eggs
1 C sugar
1 C shortening
1 tsp vanilla

Cream eggs and sugar together then add shortening. Add vanilla then dry ingredients. Chill dough in refridgerator. Roll out thick, then cut out desired shapes. Bake at 350 degrees no more than 8 min. Leave on pan 5 minutes after removing from oven. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Texan 2x2 said...

Thanks for the yummy recipe! You always have such good ones on here. Allie and I enjoyed making these and cutting out hearts with the dough. One thing I really like about these is that they are good even without frosting on them. Of course, frosting them can be fun, too; but it is nice to have a cookie recipe that you don't HAVE to frost them and they still taste great! Thanks!