Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My kind of pet!

Aubrey received some birthday money in a card from her Grammie last week and promptly requested "to take a trip to Target to see exactly what she wanted." She had planned to make a "polly pocket" purchase but since Alexis came along with money burning a hole in her pocket that she had been earning from reading, she was pursuaded to make a different acquisition. The girls used their money to buy ZhuZhu pets, which are robotic hampsters. (They are actually quite cute.) They were so excited to care for their little pets and I am so excited they don't require any care on my part...that is, except for helping them with housing. I got the girls all excited about making houses out of shoe boxes for their pets. We got out ALL the craft stuff and spent a couple hours together on Saturday afternoon creating the coziest, prettiest rooms I've ever seen a fake pet hampster have. It was SO much fun for me to help them and it took me back to the days I used to do that sort of thing. (I distinctly remember making a similar dwelling for some type of caterpillar once. weird.) "Scoodles" and "Jilly" are happy to be a part of our family now and they appear to like their homes. They are the perfect pet for me. My hands are full enough with my three monkeys and the two extra kindergarteners I am taking care of every morning before school. Getting a real pet is far down the list of things I'd like to do!






1 comment:

Texan 2x2 said...

How cute! Wow, I sure wish they had ZhuZhu hamsters when Allie wanted one! We went through 3 hamsters--- and their feeding, cage cleaning, escaping, etc. I have a feeling these cozy homes will keep your new pets from ever causing any problems! Love them!!