Friday, February 19, 2010

Birthday Girl



Aubrey celebrated her fourth birthday this week!
We partied in "Princess and the Frog" style with a frog cake and lots of fun frog/princess games with a few friends. We also went for our traditional birthday photo shoot...and FYI, Kiddie Kandids is gone! They filed bankruptcy! Who will give us an adorable birthday 8x10 for free every year! Who will even take our pictures now? There are no Target photo studios near us, nor are there any "Picture People" that I am aware of. We gave Sears photo studio a try and they did a good job. Down side is that we have to wait two weeks to get our pictures since they don't print them on the spot like Kiddie Kandids. So much for instant gratification. Aubrey is thrilled to be four and is absolutely in love with polly pockets and barbie dolls. She is my "sugar and spice." She can be sweet as pie when she wants to be and can make me laugh so hard at times...but if you cross her the wrong way, watch out! She is a free spirit if I ever saw one. We love her to bits!

1 comment:

Karen said...

We go to JCPenney for our pictures. I'm sure it's very similar to Sears. You still have to wait the two weeks for pictures. I'm able to use coupons with them that give me a free 8x10 and then 3.99 per sheet after that, and a free sitting fee. They also have a portrait club that you can use a coupon to pay the initial fee that is good for 2 years. I haven't bought it yet, because I've been able to get by with the other coupons, but if we ever want family pictures done (I've only done my children individually), I'd do the portrait club because you always get a free sitting fee when you're a member.

Just sharing what works for us.

I love peeking in on your family every now and then. You have beautiful girls and you're doing a wonderful job as a mother, encouraging them to set goals and such.

Karen (Soulier) Bourne